Can you use the baby bonus to pay for our programmes  ?

No you can’t . The reason is that our teachers are diploma holders and degree holders specilaising in their field of expertise ( Math, Science etc. ) Our curriculum requires experts in these areas so that they can effectively motivate the children in these subjects having the full range of capabilities. However, child care centres and kindergarten require only a minimum of a early childhood certification and /or a diploma in early childhood which do not meet our curriculum requirement but meets the requirement for baby bonus approved institutions . As a result of this conflict in the specialisation of teachers we maintain our curriculum standards rather than meet the baby bonus approved instituiton’s qualification. Hence we are unable to defray the cost using the baby bonus.

What will happen to my baby bonus if I don’t use it  ?

The Baby Bonus Scheme consists of two components - a cash gift and a Child Development Account. The CDA is a special savings account that you open at any OCBC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited branch for your child who is eligible for CDA.

If a Singaporean is eligible for a Child Development Account (CDA) and has unspent balance in his CDA, a PSEA will be opened for him:

In the year he turns 7 years old for a child born between 2001 and 2005, or

In the year he turns 13 years old for a child born in or after 2006

If the parents have not saved up to the CDA contribution cap, they can continue to contribute to PSEA and receive the government’s matching grant until the contribution cap is reached, or when the child turns 18 years old, whichever is earlier. MOE will send a letter to inform the parents of the amount transferred, how much more they can co-save and how to make further contributions, if applicable.

Details of the CDA Scheme are available at the MSF babybonus websiteDetails on topup by the government are on .

MOE will automatically open a PSEA for each Singaporean who is between 7 and 20 years old, and send a letter to inform him of the top-up amount. PSEA will also be opened automatically for all who become Singapore citizens from 2008 to 2010 if they are between 7 and 20 years of age.

Children with Edusave accounts will have the balances transferred to PSEA when they are 16 years old or above and are not studying in a government or government-aided school, independent school, junior college or centralised institute or a Government-supported Special Education (SPED) schools. MOE will send a letter to inform the account-holder when the transfer is effected. The balance transfer for the first batch of Edusave accounts will be carried out in Apr 08. 

What can the PSEA funds be used for?

From May 08, a child can use his PSEA funds to pay for his own or his siblings' approved fees and charges for approved programmes conducted by the institutions indicated in the table below.

So our advice is to decide wisely on the programmes you enrol your child.  Don’t base your decision on whether the baby bonus can be used to defray the cost . Ultimately if it is not used for any of this programmes , it will end up in the CPF account. You can verify that with this link  If you do need any other information , feel free to contact us at the links below.

Call for consultation +65 62194701 or email :